Customers are the backbone of your business. So one of the most vital parts of your business operation is customer service. Most companies manage smooth customer service through a helpdesk solution.
It is a farseeing approach providing centralized support and information to manage internal or external business queries. This approach makes your business process error-free and more productive by replacing the in-person service desk with automated ticketing.
However, you need to select the best solution for your business to obtain the maximum benefit. Moreover, there are so many options available in the market that choosing the right one is a critical task.
This article will guide you in selecting the best solution for your customer service. We will discuss different types of helpdesk solution and their features. So it will help you select one that matches your business requirements.
How to Choose the Best Help Desk Solution for Your Business?
You will find several types of helpdesk solutions in your search list. But choosing a suitable solution can only benefit your business.
You can opt for a customizable solution to conduct any task managing your customer service and IT needs. Apart from this, an outsourced IT help desk can handle everything from configuration to operations. Following are a few tips to choose what is best for your business.
Nail on Your Necessities
- A helpdesk solution offers multiple features, but it is wise to analyze your business needs yourself and prioritize the features.
- Analyze your existing support process and list the crucial features to add for an improved customer service experience.
- Find out areas where you can involve automation and reduce redundancies.
Learn About Your Customer Base
- Analyze their present level of satisfaction with your business.
- Review their preferred customer contact medium like social media, email, or phone.
Know Your Employees
- Understand the skill-set of your employees
- Choose a help desk solution that will empower their ability
- Ensure the new process does not become a barrier daily
Deduce Your Budget
- Choose a solution which is both sustainable and scalable
- Remember, being good doesn’t demand to be expensive
- Look for a solution that meets your business requirements within your budget.
- Try to choose a plan that offers the required features at a low cost per person.
- For a small team, you can go for a plan that will adjust future hiring.
Evaluate the Help Desk Solution via Trial
- Ensure that the abilities offered to fit your needs.
- The new system must integrate your existing help desk.
- Ensure that the software goes well with the existing applications used to run your company.
- Determine the area of services that you’re willing to provide.
- Calculate how much it would cost you.
- Look for a service provider that offers a free trial and see if the software suits your business well.
- Ask for the product learning materials, and analyze all the functionalities.
Measure the Impact of the Software on Your Help Desk
- Find out the index that specifies the impact of the new system on your help desk.
- Pay attention to customer feedback
- Check the average first response time and ticket resolve time.
- Find the number of due tickets before and after executing SLAs and workflows.
- Not of the number of open and escalated tickets.
Different Types of Help Desk Solutions
There are six different types of helpdesk solutions. These are web-based, on-premises, enterprise, internal, open-source, and cloud.
1. Web-based Helpdesk Solution
It is one of the most popular choices. The software is available from anywhere through a web browser and It doesn’t need any installation or hardware you can use the software from anywhere through the web browser.
This type of solution is ideal for a company with a lot of remote workers and customers. You can access the help desk on the go, and the platform always remains up to date.
2. Enterprise Helpdesk Solution
This type of solution is ideal for companies with a large customer base. It comes with advanced features like document management, email ticketing, escalations, and customized compliance.
3. Internal Helpdesk Solution
This type of solution is ideal for companies providing products or services. Companies with a limited budget can train their help desk agents to use this software. Moreover, It allows you to provide moral experiences to your customers.
4. On-premises Helpdesk Solution
This type of solution is ideal for companies having their own IT team. It offers great scope for scalability and customizable experiences. You can install it on your server, which will ensure full data security.
5. Open Source Helpdesk Solution
These are free software that anyone can use. There is no need to think, no money, no quality. This type of solution offers flexibility, security, and reliability while saving your operating cost.
6. Cloud-based Helpdesk Solution
This type of helpdesk solution allows you to manage your help desk from any remote device. It eradicates blockages in your IT setup and improves the responsiveness of your help desk team.
Besides, it saves time for the IT team by allowing them to distribute some roles to others working from outside. As it operates from the cloud, there is no downtime, and customers get 24/7 support.
A help desk solution helps you to organize and empower your team. It turns your staffs more efficient and productive. Besides. It simplifies the process of customer service.
You can conveniently assign tickets to agents and manage interactions between customers and staff. You can also track time spent on each ticket, and the rate of resolved tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Help Desk Solution?
It is an automated solution providing centralized support and information to manage internal or external business queries.
What are the Different Types of Help Desk Solutions?
Six different types of helpdesk solutions are available in the industry. Each provides multiple features to ease your business process. These are web-based, on-premises, enterprise, internal, open-source, and cloud.